After an affair, your life doesn't belong to you anymore. For over a year, I couldn't control my own thoughts.
The turmoil in my head was viciously repetitive but savagely random. With this blog, I began to exorcise the demons holding my head hostage.

Friday, June 22, 2012

My 30th Anniversary

I'm outta here for a week, Friends.  Richard and I are taking a little trip to celebrate our 30th anniversary.  I bought him a card that says "You are the best of my past, the joy of my present and the promise of my future."
Of all the sappy cards that I read, this one felt the MOST true.
This trip will be all about attitude for me.  Never been to the state where we're going, so triggers should be minimal.  I am determined to focus on my road to happy!  It's time.

So, off I go, after this quickie post.  Maybe off to begin the rest of my happy ever after.
Damn...that's sounds good!
Hope & Hugs!

5 comments:

Emotional Tornado said...

I hope its a vacation to remember! Have the best time!

liveandlearn47 said...

Congratulations!! Enjoy your time together.

Scabs said...

Have fun!

Wishing u a trigger-free anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Shawn,
I hope it's everything you want it to be and definitely, trigger free!

Songbird or Linda

shawnthewife said...

Thanks you all so much for the good wishes.
The trip was fabulous, not totally trigger free, but pretty damn great.
I gave Richard a watch. I had it engraved:
30 years together. All my Love forever.

He cried. I swear, this new emotional husband of mine wears me out, but I love him so much...tears and all.

Thanks again, Friends! I appreciate your support more than I can say.
Hope & Hugs, Shawn